Friday, October 17, 2008

Derek's Wedding in Florida

We traveled to Orlando, Florida for the wedding of Chris's friend since age 5, Derek. Unfortunately Finn was sick, which made for a more interesting, if not exhausting trip!
He was very good on the 5 hour plane ride to Florida (that was the longest leg at least) since he was so ill, he just laid on my lap and looked pitiful. His hourly awakenings during the night once we arrived at our hotel along with the contant threat of throwing up (not always just a threat) kept us on our toes. Chris had a fun time bass fishing and taking rides on a fan boat through the swamps (he saw an alligator and turtles!) and Finn and I cruised the mall to escape the ever-shrinking hotel room.

We ended up missing most of the wedding (Finn and I-Chris was there as he was a groomsmen) but what I did see of it was lovely!

The ride back was more challenging as Finn was still grouchy but well enough to whine. We kept him busy with cartoons and food and toys and we did make it home. :)

Congratulations to Derek and his beautiful bride Angie. Chris had a great time with you and I'm sorry I missed out on most of it, but I was glad to see you when I did!

Finn on the ride over....poor kid!
Bo, Bucky, Simon, Ryan, Chris and Derek (the groomsmen and the groom)
The one picture I got at the wedding! She was a cute flower girl though! :)
Finn on the wedding day...a little more alive, but still not quite there. He's all better now though!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Oooohh, poor Finn looks very...fuzzy (you know, how your head gets when you're sick?)! And poor Tanya & Chris! Well, at least Chris got to see some turtles :)