Well, after some hard training, then some slacker training, then two weeks of tapering (tapering from what exactly? I hadn't been walking!), I had my 1/2 marathon race on Saturday! The weather couldn't have been better and I actually felt really good. There were about 2600 people who came to race out of the Hillsboro stadium. The course rolls through the country hills out here, and was beautiful! I went out conservatively, but well, and finished strong! I actually felt best on the second half of the race. Maybe it was that Clif Shot at mile 7....mocha...yum. :)
Chris's sister and mom came and "stalked" me...about mile 11 they were waiting on the roadside. Joanna wore her gold unitard (with a tshirt and shorts over it- she's crazy, not indecent) and took some pictures. I guess they were planning jumping out of the bushes to scare me, but they got bored waiting there. :) After the race we had burgers from the sponsoring Helvetia Tavern and just chatted. It was a great experience and Chris even thinks he might try the 10k race next year!

3 comments:
T: What was your time for the 1/2 marathon? Walking marathon, I'm gathering?
Chris - a challenge has been placed. 10K sometime in the next 6-months. who can finish - who can survive! It would be good motivation for me. It will be a "guess your time", not a "Who's faster" challenge.
Jon
My time was 3:05:05 which averaged to just over 14 minute miles. We had timer chips on our shoes, so no math needed! I am happy with the time-that was about what I was hoping for. And yes-it was definitely walking! I loved it though-you would probably love doing a race too!
You go girl. I didn't know you had taken up running. Now I really feel like I need to get out and do something.
Post a Comment