We decided to take Finn to the zoo for their Easter Egg Hunt on a very cold Saturday morning. We checked out a few animals, then headed to the lawn where they roped off sections for different aged kids. Finn was excited, until we were actually ready to hunt...
They pretty much just threw down the stuff on the grass right in front of the kids, then someone on the loudspeaker yells "GO!" and the older kids dash for the candy and small toys while the younger kids stare at the stuff and then look cluelessly at their parents.
I did finally convince Finn to grab some of the things off the ground and put them in his bag (which was much harder to hold and put stuff into than I had anticipated. I ended up holding the bag most of the time otherwise he would have only gotten one thing during the whole time) and the ladies running the show were very sweet and even dropped a few candies right in front of him towards the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment